Refreshdental OM Study Club will regroup in Maine for 2019 and we welcome new members to join! We will meet one Monday a month for six months in the Patterson Dental branch office in South Portland. Our meetings will be centered around the real life scenarios that office managers face in a practice. The format is designed to encourage discussion and collaboration with flexibility each month to cover immediate issues that may be ongoing in your office. As a member you will also have access to a monthly one on one coaching call to support you as you work to implement change and growth with your office team and doctors.
The January, 7th meeting will include strategic planning exercise focused on personal and practice-wide annual goal setting. Creating an outline for goals and objectives with timelines and expectations can help you clarify and communicate ways to improve the business. An outline for 2019 practice improvement goals might look something like this:
2019 Goals: Create Problem Solving Mindset in Our Culture
- Treatment presentation to patients
- Insurance communication to patients
- Scheduling appropriately for treatment
- Communication flow front to back/Clinical to Admin
- Manage Dr X
- Consult appointments for treatment planning
- Intra Oral Camera for digital case presentation
- Ann (OM) managing “issue” patients at the front
- Ann (OM) doing/owning more personnel management without Dr Y
- More intervention to correct unwanted behaviors
- Multi-functional ability to delegate tasks beyond “titles”
- Hygienists? Spear training modules/team meetings/mini training sessions
- Down time for hygiene used to call inactive patients/grow new patient base
- Fill the schedule
- Team building/engagement embody practice represent brand at all times
- Social Media
Previous participants in the Study Club always mention how much they enjoy the camaraderie of their peers. It can be so helpful to hear how another manager has faced a problem you are having and how they resolved it. Concrete solutions and action steps that can improve the probability of meaningful change and success will be offered at every meeting!
Please review the Study Club flier and sign up sheet, email or call if you have any questions, and then simply send the check with your name, office name and contact info to register.